Brown sugar Meringue :
- Make French meringue, sprinkle it with a little sugar and cook at 80 °C for 1.5 hours.
Orange marmelade :
- Cut the oranges into slices.
- Make a syrup with the water, sugar and juices.
- Add the lemon confit then the sliced oranges.
- Transfer to a saucepan and reduce over low heat for 1 hour.
- Finish cooking in a tray in the oven at 80 °C to 52° Brix.
- Process in your Robot-Coupe® food processor.
- Make crème anglaise.
- Incorporate the softened butter and whisk with a hand mixer.
- Make meringue: heat the inverted sugar syrup and glucose to 80 °C.
- Pour over the egg whites and whisk with a hand mixer.
- Incorporate the meringue into the emulsified buttercream.
- Whisk the egg whites while adding the brown sugar a third at a time.
- When the mixture is well whisked, add the yolks, fleur de sel, flour and Maïzena® cornflour.
- Spread on a tray and bake at 180 °C in a fan-assisted oven for around 25 minutes.
Assembly and decoration :
- Pipe the buttercream into 7 cm half-sphere moulds, insert meringue shells and smooth over the buttercream, leaving a little empty space.
- For the orange marmalade into the space.
- Repeat the process, placing the first half-spheres on top of the fresh half-spheres.
- Remove the top and bottom layers of the sponge and pass through a coarse mesh sieve to form breadcrumbs.
- Cover the spheres in crumbs.
- Accentuate their orange colour by spraying them with orange cocoa butter, shading with black spray colouring.